UPS System Battery Installation Services
Service life of a battery is limited and depends on many factors including age, usage, environment and maintenance among others. Age and decreased performance may indicate end of life. Batteries kept in service beyond expected service life are at risk for failure.
Alpine Power Systems offer complete UPS (uninterruptible power supply) battery installation and replacement solutions. Most importantly, our replacement services include both expert installation of new cells and proper recycling of spent batteries. When you buy a battery, you own it from “cradle-to-grave.” What happens to your spent batteries when you choose another provider? When you choose Alpine Power Systems, you’ll have the confidence of knowing that the batteries we removed were disposed of and recycled properly and in accordance with all government and industry regulations. We’ll also manage the regulatory paperwork you require.
Battery Installation & Replacement Services
- Installation of Batteries
- Testing & Full Inspection of New Batteries
- Comprehensive Report of New Batteries’ Baseline Reading
- Battery Removal & Disposal per EPA Standards
- Recycling Certificate
- Expertise — Alpine Power Systems offers a complete range of replacement services to handle all of your battery needs. Our trained technicians have replaced thousands of battery strings.
- Environmental Compliance — Alpine Power Systems provides full compliance with all manufacturers’ standards for removal of old batteries and installation of new cells. This includes the handling of all environmental regulatory aspects of battery recycling.
- Single-Source Accountability — Alpine Power Systems offers “one-source” convenience for all your UPS and battery services. We deliver a level of trust and credibility that many third-party service providers simply cannot guarantee.
- Responsiveness — With Alpine Power Systems, you have 24/7 access to a network of data center infrastructure specialists armed with the knowledge and parts to resolve your problems — anytime and anywhere.
Alpine Power Systems provides full compliance with all manufacturers’ and IEEE standards for installation, removal and replacement of battery systems, including the handling of all environmental/regulatory aspects of battery recycling.
Alpine Services ALL UPS Systems:
- Emerson - Liebert
Alpine Can Install & Replace ALL UPS Battery Brands:
- C&D Technologies
- CSB - China Storage Battery
- Exide Technologies
- GNB Industrial Power
- GS Yuasa
- Power Battery
- Power Pro Sonic
- Vision Battery
In the event of a power outage, a single bad cell in a string of batteries could compromise your entire backup system and leave you without protection. Proactively replacing your batteries will help keep your power system running within specifications and minimize the risk of downtime to your business operations.
- Batteries have a finite lifespan and lose capacity based on age, usage and operating temperature.
- Batteries are electrochemical devices that require regular checks to ensure safe and proper operation. As soon as it is placed into service, it is important to maintain your battery system with a maintenance program to identify system anomalies and trend end of life.
- From minor to major power outages, each time your battery system is discharged, it shortens the lifespan of your battery system.
- Typically, batteries start to lose capacity, or fail, within 3-5 years, depending on usage and environmental conditions.
- An Emerson Network Power, Liebert Services Customer Engineer should evaluate battery health and performance on an annual basis.
Battery Life Reduction Factors
- High or low charge voltage
- Excessive charge current
- Manufacturing defects
- Improper room temperature
- Overcharging and over cycling
- Loose connections
- Strained battery terminals
- Manufacturing defects
- Poor and improper maintenance