Philadelphia Scientific Blinky
The Philadelphia Scientific Blinky is a UL Classified electronic probe that senses the position of electrolyte in a cell. It has a circuit that is simple and low in cost while still providing a clear indication of when the battery needs water. The probe length is available in multiple pre-cut lengths or it can be easily cut to length by the installer.
When the green light is flashing, the level is OK; leave the battery alone. When the light is off, the battery needs to be watered.
The Philadelphia Scientific Blinky battery watering monitor has revolutionized the checking of electrolyte levels in industrial truck batteries. This patented device blinks steadily when the electrolyte is OK, and goes out when the level is low – below the tip of the probe. The operator can see that the battery needs water even from the other side of a dark battery room. Better still, he can see when the battery is OK, and doesn’t need water, so he doesn’t waste time checking batteries that don’t need checking. The flashing Blinky light says “leave me alone”, and prevents over filling of batteries with water, which often happens when an operator fills all the batteries at one time- without checking individual batteries for levels.
The Blinky has a patented circuit that prevents false indication due to leakage paths and tracking on a dirty or wet battery. It has a legendary reputation for reliability. The Blinky battery watering monitor is fused in case of incorrect installation in the field.
Philadelphia Scientific Blinky Features & Benefits:
- Easy to see and to use: A flashing green light means the electrolyte level is OK; no light means it is time to water the cells.
- Protects your battery investment: The Blinky helps protect against battery dry-out, a major failure mode for industrial batteries.
- Improves operator safety: There is no longer any need for maintenance staff to peer into vent wells to check levels.
- Fits almost all batteries: Blinkys are available with many standard probe lengths, and can also be easily trimmed to any custom length.
- Engineered to be tough: The Blinky is built to withstand the harsh environment of industrial battery applications. Its materials are resistant to corrosion and its low profile protects it against damage from battery cables and other hazards. It is designed to last for the life of the battery.
- Inexpensive and cost effective: Over a battery's lifetime, the Blinky saves a surprising amount of time – or labor cost - and delivers a rapid return on investment. The cost of a single Blinky is a very small addition to the purchase price of an industrial battery; but it allows watering on a labor-saving "as-needed" basis instead of a “hit or miss schedule” basis. This is even more important with batteries that require less frequent water additions.
- UL Classified: The Blinky battery watering monitor is UL Classified so that you can be assured of its safety.
- Satisfaction guaranteed: the Blinky is covered by a one-year limited warranty.
Downloads & Documentation
See below for documentation relating to this product line that is available to download. To download this documentation, please click on the desired document you’d like to download and fill out the required form information fields. You will be able to view and download the documents upon completion of the download form.
- Philadelphia Scientific Blinky Brochure