EnerSys PowerSafe SBS Front Terminal Batteries
The EnerSys PowerSafe' SBS Front Terminal battery further extends the technical leadership of the PowerSafe SBS product range. PowerSafe SBS Front Terminal monoblocs retain the benefits of Thin Plate Pure Lead (TPPL) technology such as long life, high energy density and superior shelf life. They also deliver exceptional cyclic performance in both float and fast charge applications, even in the hottest and harshest operating environments. Alpine Power Systems is an approved platinum distributor and solution provider of EnerSys products.
Where conventional Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA)/ Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) batteries struggle to cope with harsh conditions and frequent power outages, cutting edge TPPL technology makes PowerSafe SBS batteries the perfect solution for the challenging operating conditions of today’s telecommunication networks.
PowerSafe SBS batteries are designed to the highest quality standards, with a unique manufacturing process providing superior energy and power, high performance and proven reliability. There is no substitute for PowerSafe SBS Front Terminal batteries.
EnerSys PowerSafe SBS Front Terminal Features & Benefits:
- Capacity range 31-190Ah
- 12V monobloc configurations
- Multiple string configurations available
- Two year shelf life
- SR-4228 compliant
- Proven long service life
- High energy density and cycling capability
EnerSys PowerSafe SBS Front Terminal Battery Construction:
- Utilizes TPPL technology. Thin positive grids are produced from high purity lead using a unique manufacturing process to maximize corrosion resistance and service life while increasing energy density.
- Separators are AGM made from high purity, superior quality ﬁbers. The electrolyte is absorbed within the AGM, preventing acid spills in case of accidental damage.
- Electrolyte is produced from extremely high purity acid to reduce self-discharge rates and ﬂoat currents.
- Container and cover made from ﬂame retardant UL94-V0 material, highly resistant to shock and vibration.
- Front terminal batteries use tin-plated copper terminals.
- Self-regulating one-way pressure relief valves prevent ingress of atmospheric oxygen.
EnerSys PowerSafe SBS Front Terminal Battery Installation & Operation:
- Space efﬁcient footprint.
- VRLA design, reduces maintenance requirements.
- Lifting handles for easy handling.
- Greater than 10-year life expectancy in ﬂoat service at 77°F (25°C).
- TPPL technology provides increased active material surface area which yields increased energy density.
- Operating temperature:
- -40°F (-40°C) to 122°F (50°C)
- Recommended temperature:
- 68°F (20°C) to 86°F (30°C)
EnerSys PowerSafe SBS Front Terminal Standards:
- Approved as non-hazardous cargo for ground, sea and air transportation in accordance with US DOT Regulation 49 and ICAO & IATA Packing Instruction 806.
- Complies with Telcordia® SR-4228, Network Equipment Building System (NEBS™) Criteria Level
- The management systems governing the manufacture of this product are ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certiﬁed
Downloads & Documentation
See below for documentation relating to this product line that is available to download. To download this documentation, please click on the desired document you’d like to download and fill out the required form information fields. You will be able to view and download the documents upon completion of the download form.
- EnerSys PowerSafe SBS Front Terminal Range Summary