EnerSys PowerSafe OPzS Batteries
Alpine Power Systems carries EnerSys PowerSafe OPzS batteries in large quantities. These batteries can be used for rail signaling, renewables, & utility applications. The PowerSafe OPzS batteries have a 3 year watering interval and a proven 20 plus year service life. Alpine Power Systems can consult, install, perform preventative maintenance and perform acceptance & capacity tests on your PowerSafe OPzS batteries.
EnerSys Powersafe OPzS batteries are engineered with an optimized plate design and they feature increased capacity exceeding the DIN standard. Additionally the die cast tubular plate with low antimony content offers excellent cycling capabilities and a proven long life under float conditions. The pasted negative flat plate design provides the perfect balance for maximum performance.
Combined with the features above, a molded transparent Styrene Acrylonitrile (SAN) jar which allows for easy visual check of the electrolyte level, color coded terminals for easy polarity recognition, a single cell per jar design for simple maintenance, and brass inserted posts enabling high rate capability make the PowerSafe OPzS batteries ideal for a wide range of applications
EnerSys PowerSafe OPzS Features & Benefits:
- Capacity range 217 - 3543Ah
- Low antimony lead alloy
- Single cell design for easy maintenance
- 3 year watering interval
- Brass inserted posts for high rate performance
- Fully insulated, solid copper inter-cell connectors
- Transparent containers for electrolyte level verification
- Color coded terminals for easy polarity recognition
- Proven 20 plus year service life
EnerSys PowerSafe OPzS Construction:
- Die-cast tubular positive grids with low antimony lead for longer life
- Pasted negative flat plates for maximum performance
- Unique microporous material separators
- Molded durable transparent Styrene Acrylonitrile jar (SAN) and Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) cover
- Dilute sulfuric acid electrolyte with specific gravity of 1.240
- Lead alloy leak proof terminal and fully insulated solid copper inter-cell connectors
- Safety vent plugs equipped with flame arrestors, standard
EnerSys PowerSafe OPzS Installation and Operation:
- Efficient footprint
- 3 year watering interval
- Solid copper inter-cell connectors allow for voltage measurements
- Designed to be rack mounted
- Transparent jar for electrolyte level verification and cell condition inspection
- Optional vent plugs available which allow for watering and specific gravity readings without removal
Enersys PowerSafe OPzS Temperature Recommendation:
- The permissible operating temperature range is -10°C to +45°C.
- The recommended operating temperature range is +10°C to +30°C.
EnerSys PowerSafe OPzS Standards:
- Compliant with DIN 40736-1
- Compliant with IEC 60896-11
- The management systems governing the manufacture of this product are ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certified.
Downloads & Documentation
See below for documentation relating to this product line that is available to download. To download this documentation, please click on the desired document you’d like to download and fill out the required form information fields. You will be able to view and download the documents upon completion of the download form.
- EnerSys PowerSafe OPzS IO Manual
- EnerSys Standby Power Product Overview
- EnerSys PowerSafe OPzS Battery Range Summary
- EnerSys PowerSafe OPzS Safety Data Sheet
- PowerSafe Renewable Energy Storage Solutions