EnerSys PowerSafe GN Batteries
EnerSys PowerSafe GN batteries were initially released in 1978 to serve the nuclear industry. And today, it's still the trusted battery for nuclear power plants due to the EnerSys engineering and manufacturing expertise.
EnerSys PowerSafe GN batteries are built in accordance to a Quality Management System that encompasses 10CFR50 Appendix B and NQA-1 requirements and has become the battery of choice for the resurgent US nuclear market.
Covering a full gamet of range from 1140AH to 3600AH the Powersafe GN battery is a robust calcium flat plate. PowerSafe GN batteries are qualified to IEEE535 as a battery that can be utilized in Class 1E nuclear applications.
EnerSys PowerSafe GN Features:
- Highest 1 minute rates
- Lowest maintenance - lowest water loss, lowest maintenance costs
- Slide-Lock™ terminal post seal, virtually eliminates terminal post corrosion, while allowing plate growth
- 20 year life expectancy
- Flat plate construction - calcium alloy grids
- For float applications where high ambient temperatures are not probable
- Optimum ratio of plate surface area to electrolyte volume for maximized performance
- Specifically suited for demanding complex load profiles requiring high initial and end currents
EnerSys PowerSafe GN Specifications:
- Sediment Space: 1.32 in./33.5 mm
- Electrolyte over plates: 3.4 in./86 mm
- Container & cover: Polycarbonate
- Separators: Microporous rubber
- Retainers: “Vitrex” - glass fiber
- Post type:
- GN-13 and 15, single post, lead-plated copper (2 cell jar)
- GN-17 through 23, double posts, lead-plate copper (2 cell jar)
- GN-25 through 45, double posts, lead-plate copper (single cell jar)
- Post seal type: Slide-Lock™
- Plate suspension type:
- Positive - bridge hung
- Negative - bottom supported
Alpine Power Systems is a platinum value-added reseller of EnerSys Battery products. Alpine can provide battery services on all EnerSys batteries including engineering, installation, preventative maintenance, monitoring and recycling. Contact us today for pricing and technical inquiries.
Downloads & Documentation
See below for documentation relating to this product line that is available to download. To download this documentation, please click on the desired document you’d like to download and fill out the required form information fields. You will be able to view and download the documents upon completion of the download form.
- EnerSys PowerSafe GN Specifications