GNB Flooded Classic 4-PDQ17 Batteries
Special Purpose for GNB Flooded Classic 4-PDQ17
- GNB has flooded batteries designed exclusively for special applications like nuclear power plants and submarines.
- Microporous Spearators. Uniformin porosity with deep ribs, separators provide greater electrolyte circulation, maximum current delivery, and superior insulation
- Positive Plate. Designed and engineered to provide longer life and maximum power delivery. When combined with GNB Industrial Power developed oxides which are automatically blended and applied, it represents one of the most efficient positive plates in the industry.
- Glass Mat Retainer. Comined with the separator to retain positive active material. Provides electrolyte reservoir for maximm power delivery and supplements insulating qualities of microporous separator. All separators are supported by the bridge; no pins required.
- Positive Plate Support. Support evenly distributes positive group weight by use of dual supports and prevents misalignment of plates. Each positive plate is supported by the adjacent negative plate to provide uniform multi-point suspension of the positive plate group. While supporting the weight of the positive plate group, the plate support also insulates the positive hanging lugs from the negative bus bar.
- Positive and Negative Bus Bars. Bus bars are engineered to give ultimate mechanical stability and matched to transfer the maximum ampere delivery of the plates to the cell posts.
- Jar-Cover Seal. Tongue and groove Jar-Cover Seal provides a full, positive closure all the way around.
- Electrolyte Sampling Tube. Tubes are used to permit more accurate specific gravity readings by reducing effects of electrolyte stratification.
- Cover. Molded of ABS plastic, cover provides a shock-resistant, non-staining cell closure. Some cell types are available in optional PVC or polycarbonate.
- Combined Vent/Filling Funnel. "Pre-Vent" screw-type combination vent and filling funnel helps prevent external sparks or flames from igniting internal cell gases. Its unique design also helps prevent damage of internal cell components when using hydrometers or thermometers, and permits easy temperature and specific gravity readings.
- Exclusive Post Seal And Nut. Field proven dual post seal design provides a superior seal through the combined use of both a free floating O-Ring and a flat gasket. A flat gasket is used to provide the primary seal for preventing acid creepage up the post. As a secondary measure, the O-Ring ensures there is an airtight seal between the cover and post, and allows for positive plate growth while minimizing any associated stress on the cover. Machined posts provide outstanding accuracy in tolerance and surface finish and thus contribute to a highly reliable seal.
- Negative Plate. Plates are engineered to match positive plate for maximum power and longer life.
- Jar. Molded of tough Styrene-Acrylonitrile (SAN) Plastic; available in optional PVC or polycarbonate for some cell types.
- Element Support System. The entire weight of the element rests on an independent bridge in the bottom of the jar, distributing weight uniformly.
- Electrolyte Level Lines (Not Shown). Lines are provided on all four jar faces for fast verification that electrolyte level is within recommended limits.
General Specifications for 4-PDQ17:
Model Number: 4-PDQ17
Capacity- Watts per Cell (WPC)
15 min. to 1.67 VPC @ 25°C (77°F) 1.250 SG: 2692
15 min. to 1.67 VPC @ 25°C (77°F) 1.215 SG: 2433
Length (in): 17.00
Length (mm): 432
Width (in): 14.45
Width (mm): 367
Height (in): 22.88
Height (mm): 581
Nominal Wt. (lbs): 624
Nominal Wt. (kg): 283
Electolyte/Cell (gals): 2.7
Electolyte/Cell (liters): 10.2