EnerSys PowerSafe SBS XL Batteries
With a a 10 year design life @ 95°F (35°C), PowerSafe SBS XL batteries are the next generation of high temperature batteries.
As the increased need for digital information continues, both telecom and cable suppliers need to keep up. They have responded by adding additional equipment in central offices and data centers – adding heat to an already fragile environment. Cooling costs continue to rise and are escalated by the density of communication equipment. These extra costs have led to the development of a new battery designed to operate at higher temperatures, allowing end users to raise the AC set points and reduce their maintenance costs.
The SBS XL series comes from a respected lineage, the industry leading, EnerSys SBS Thin Plate Pure Lead (TPPL) battery. SBS XL takes the SBS to the next level. The SBS XL is designed to provide 10 years of life at 95°F (35°C) in back up applications at high operating temperatures. The value of this innovative new line is a true cost savings to the operator for both cooling and maintenance.
EnerSys PowerSafe SBS XL Specifications:
- 10-year design life at 95°F (35°C)
- Thin Plate Pure Lead (TPPL) technology
- Industry leading warranty
- Meets Telcordia® GR4228 level III, NEBSTM GR63 and IEC 60896-2122 requirements
- Temperature range of -40°F (-40°C) to 131°F (55°C) with excursions as high as 149°F (65°C)
Downloads & Documentation
See below for documentation relating to this product line that is available to download. To download this documentation, please click on the desired document you’d like to download and fill out the required form information fields. You will be able to view and download the documents upon completion of the download form.
- EnerSys PowerSafe SBS XL Brochure
- EnerSys PowerSafe SBS XL Instruction Sheet
- EnerSys PowerSafe SBS XL Operation Manual
- EnerSys PowerSafe SBS XL White Paper