EnerSys PowerSafe SBS Top Terminal Batteries
The EnerSys PowerSafe SBS batteries are designed with EnerSys' proprietary thin plate pure lead technology (TPPL). Batteries utilizing this advanced technology have better energy density, better resistance to heat and lower internal resistance to support higher rate charging and discharging. These batteries are designed to meet SR4228 and have passed the NEBS level 3 certification testing.
PowerSafe SBS batteries are manufactured to the highest international standards and are ideal for reliable use in all wireless and fixed-line communication applications. PowerSafe SBS batteries are also widely used in cable TV, emergency lighting, power generation and offshore applications.
The advanced thin plate, pure lead technology and unique manufacturing methods used by EnerSys, make PowerSafe SBS batteries the best choice for long and trouble-free service.
EnerSys PowerSafe SBS Features and Benefits:
- Capacity Range: 7 Ah to 361 Ah (Top Terminal)
- 2V, 6V, & 12V Configurations
- Very low ventilation requirement
- Up to a 2 year shelf life
- High energy density
- Low internal resistance
- Wide operating temperature range: –40 degrees F to 122 degrees F
- Flame Retardant
- Advanced Thin Plate Pure Lead Technology (TPPL)
- NEBS certified
EnerSys PowerSafe SBS Top Terminal Battery Construction:
- Utilizes TPPL technology. Thin positive grids are produced from high purity lead from a unique manufacturing process to maximize corrosion resistance and service life while increasing energy density.
- Separators are Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) made from high purity, superior quality fibers. The electrolyte is absorbed within the AGM, preventing acid spills in case of accidental damage.
- Electrolyte is produced from extremely high purity acid to reduce self-discharge rate and float currents.
- Container and cover in flame retardant UL94-V0 material, highly resistant to shock and vibration.
- Battery terminal uses a copper alloy insert.
- Self-regulating one way pressure relief valves prevent ingress of atmospheric oxygen.
EnerSys PowerSafe SBS Top Terminal Battery Installation & Operation:
- Space efficient footprint
- Greater than 10-year life expectancy in float service at 77°F (25°C) (15 years at 20°C)
- TPPL technology provides increased active material surface area which yields increased energy density
- Operating temperature:
- -40°F (-40°C) to 122°F (50°C) (except J series metal jacket)
EnerSys PowerSafe SBS Top Terminal Battery Standards:
- Approved as non-hazardous cargo for ground, sea and air transportation in accordance with US DOT Regulation 49 and ICAO & IATA Packing Instruction 806.
- Complies with Telcordia® SR-4228, Network Equipment Building System (NEBS™) Criteria Levels
- The management systems governing the manufacture of this product are ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certified
PowerSafe SBS Battery Models: SBS 8, SBS 15, SBS 30, SBS HB30, SBS 40, SBS 60, SBS 110, SBS 130, SBS 300, SBS 390, SBS J13, SBS J16, SBS J30, SBS J40, SBS J70, SBS B, SBS B10, SBS B14, SBS C11, CBS 100, SBS 140
Downloads & Documentation
See below for documentation relating to this product line that is available to download. To download this documentation, please click on the desired document you’d like to download and fill out the required form information fields. You will be able to view and download the documents upon completion of the download form.
- PowerSafe SBS Battery Instruction Sheet
- PowerSafe SBS Front Terminal Range Summary
- PowerSafe SBS Performance Specs
- PowerSafe SBS Top Terminal Range Summary