EnerSys PowerSafe ELM Batteries
The PowerSafe® Extreme Low Maintenance (ELM) railroad signal batteries provide the power needed for reliable signal control at highway crossings and other critical railway signal locations. The technology behind the PowerSafe ELM battery is backed by more than 50 years of development.
The PowerSafe ELM employs a carefully engineered combination of plate surface area, plate thickness and electrolyte volume for optimum discharge performance. Positive active materials are locked inside the EnerSys® exclusive square tubular design to provide outstanding cycling capability, long life and high energy density. The unique design offers greater surface area for holding active material and exposing it to electrolyte. The negative plates feature extremely low self-discharge rates and promote low float current.
These design features along with an electrolyte reserve provides proven longevity that can exceed conventional maintenance-free Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) batteries when used in similar railway signal applications.
Features and Benefits
- Capacity range 80 – 710Ah
- Outstanding cycling capability
- Reduced maintenance with long watering intervals
- Lifting handles for ease of use
- Rugged high-impact polypropylene construction
- 20 year life expectancy in float service at 77℉ (25°C)
- Square tubular positive plate
- Flat negative plate with pasted calcium girds
- Separator – high porosity microporous polyethylene sleeve
- High-impact polypropylene jar and cover
- Electrolyte – dilute sulfuric acid with specific gravity of 1.210
- Integral electrolyte level indicator
- Flame arrestors – included for increased operational safety
Installation and Operation
- Efficient and compact footprint
- Vertical installation design with lifting handles
- Extremely low discharge rates and low float current
- 20 year life expectancy in float service at 77°F (25°C)
- Post and connectors provide for easier maintenance, cell monitoring and measurements
- Operating temperature: 62℉ (16°C) to 77℉ (25°C) Recommended temperature: 68℉ (20°C) to 86℉ (30°C)
- The management systems governing the manufacture of this product are ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certified
Alpine Power Systems provides critical power services on all EnerSys battery offerings. Alpine's certified technician's can provide EnerSys installation, preventative maintenance, monitoring and recycling services nationwide. Contact our call center today for quote requests and technical inquiries.
Downloads & Documentation
See below for documentation relating to this product line that is available to download. To download this documentation, please click on the desired document you’d like to download and fill out the required form information fields. You will be able to view and download the documents upon completion of the download form.