Saft Uptimax Batteries
Saft Uptimax New Generation batteries are at the heart of power backup systems throughout the oil & gas exploration and production, utility and manufacturing industries. If main power is lost, Uptimax ensures the continuity of mission-critical loads, facilitate safe shutdown processes, bridge to standby power and safeguard computer data. Typical power backup applications include: UPS, substation switchgear, process control systems, emergency lighting, fire alarms and security systems.
Saft Uptimax Features & Benefits:
Uptimax Ni-Cd battery: maintenance-free solution for backup power applications.
Uptimax New Generation is Saft’s latest development in Ni-Cd pocket plate battery technology. It combines maintenance-free* operation with total reliability to provide the ideal backup power solution for industrial installations. Together with other key features such as its low pressure flame arresting vent, improved electrical performance and enhanced chargeability, Uptimax New Generation delivers an optimized TCO (Total Cost of Ownership).
Uptimax’s modular approach based on flexible block configurations facilitates ease of handling, installation and operation. Uptimax New Generation cells are available in a choice of two ranges:
- UP1 L energy range, optimized for long discharge periods with a relatively low current and
- UP1 M medium power range, specifically designed for mixed loads with varying current
- * The term maintenance-free means that no addition of water is necessary during the life time of the product when operating under Saft’s recommended conditions.
UP1 L energy range (L type)
- Capacity range: 15 Ah to 1700 Ah (C5 rate)
- Range of 34 cells
- For low rate discharges over long periods between 1 and 100 hours
UP1 M medium power range (M type)
- Capacity range: 8 Ah to 1330 Ah (C5 rate)
- Range of 38 cells
- For varied loads with low and high discharge rates, between 30 minutes and 3 hours
Technical characteristics for both ranges:
- Fast charging with a narrow voltage window for minimal down-time and maximum availability
- Long operational life of over 20 years at + 25°C
- Outstanding performance in temperatures up to + 40°C and tolerates – 40°C to + 70°C for short duration
- Can be stored filled with electrolyte and charged for up to 2 years
- Very efficient gas recombination, with very low gas emission, well in excess of the requirements of IEC 62259
Downloads & Documentation
See below for documentation relating to this product line that is available to download. To download this documentation, please click on the desired document you’d like to download and fill out the required form information fields. You will be able to view and download the documents upon completion of the download form.
- Saft Uptimax Technical Manual