EnerSys DataSafe HX 16V Front Terminal Batteries
Eliminate the difficult maintenance and burdensome space requirements of top terminated 12V Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) batteries. Revolutionary, DataSafe® HX front terminal 16V UPS batteries, available in 550 WPC, 800 WPC and 925 WPC sizes, are more space efficient, more cost effective and easier to maintain than 12V batteries. They use proven Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) technology, are conducive to incorporating monitoring systems and scale easily to larger capacity UPS systems with one-third fewer parallel battery strings.
Other benefits of DataSafe® HX Front Terminal 16V Batteries:
- Smaller footprint per kilowatt.
- Simplifies installation.
- Improves reliability.
- Complete front access.
- Eliminates wasted headspace found in typical 12V top terminated designs.
- Easy front terminal access simplifies maintenance.
- No costly slide out trays required to obtain terminal access.
EnerSys® engineers set out to develop a true UPS design, front terminal battery that would be cost effective, space efficient and easy to maintain. It also had to be conducive to incorporating monitoring systems, adaptable to existing cabinet designs, and built on proven electrochemistry and design practices. Finally, the battery had to be capable of scaling to larger capacities to minimize the number of strings in larger UPS systems. Compared with top terminated 12V batteries, DataSafe® HX front terminated 16V batteries offer several distinct advantages:
- More than 20% space savings for a full 15 minute run time for 750kVA UPS systems
- 925 WPC design reduces the number of parallel strings required
- Up to 50% fewer connections means less maintenance
- No wasted space
- Scales easily to large capacity UPS systems
- Fits within many existing cabinet designs
- Cabinets are equipped with locking feature
1. Insulating covers with voltmeter probe access enhance safety and simplify maintenance routines.
2. Integrated handle support doubles as an automatic spacer between units to enhance airflow and thermal management.
3. Nord-Lock® washer provides a secure front terminal M8 connection over the life of the battery.
4. Solid tin-plated copper bus bars reduce connection resistance to enhance power delivery from the battery system.
5. Dual-tab washer enables quick connection to battery monitoring systems.
6. Polypropylene strap handle simplifies installation